- Preheat oven to 325°F/165°C.
- Before removing the plastic bag, place turkey under warm running water for 2-3 minutes. Remove plastic bag by placing your index fingers through the holes at the bottom and pulling in opposite directions to tear bag apart.
- Place frozen turkey, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow (3" deep) roasting pan.
- If your turkey has an oven-safe, food-safe leg holder, do not remove it.
- Brush skin with vegetable oil to prevent drying. Do not cover or add water.
- Place in center of preheated oven.
- If the turkey is becoming too dark, loosely cover entire turkey with thin foil.
- For best results, cook until meat thermometer reads 180°F/82°C in the thigh.
- When done, let the turkey stand for 15 minutes before carving.