PREP: 25 Minutes COOK: 2- 4 Hours SERVES: 6-8 people
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Heat frying pan to medium heat. Add in turkey breakfast strips and let cook for about 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently so the fat begins to render, and the cubes get crisp.
- Place cooked Butterball stuffing into a medium-size bowl. Add chestnuts and crispy turkey breakfast strips and mix well.
- Assemble turkey by gently pulling the skin up off the breast then place a slice of orange inside and push to the front of the bird. Repeat until there is a row of oranges slices. Add sage leaves and slices of garlic with the oranges. Repeat another row of orange slices, sage and garlic until full.
- Stuff the turkey with the turkey breakfast strips and chestnut stuffing. Before baking, rub the skin of the turkey in a mixture of kosher salt, fresh cracked black pepper, and vegetable oil.
- Cook until meat thermometer reads internal temperature 180°F/82°C in the thigh and 165°F / 74°C in the center of the stuffing.
1 5-6 kg Butterball Whole Frozen Turkey
4 garlic cloves, sliced widthwise
10 sage leaves
2 small oranges
3 tbsp kosher salt
2 tbsp fresh cracked pepper
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 pkg Butterball Homestyle Stuffing
1 cup, or 8 strips of Butterball Turkey Breakfast Strips, julienned
⅔ cup cooked chestnuts, chopped