PREP: 45 minutes COOK: 4 hours SERVES: 6-8 people
- Toast peppercorns in skillet over medium/high heat until fragrant. Grind in spice grinder (or by mortar and pestle) until coarsely ground. Mix in salt and garlic powder, and then add olive oil to create a rub.
- Unwrap frozen roast and season liberally with peppercorn mixture.
- Cook at 325°f for 2.5 hours. Alternatively, cook on BBQ: keep one side of BBQ on medium/low heat and one side completely off. Place roast in foil tray and put on side of the BBQ that is turned off. Close BBQ and cook for 2 - 2.5 hours, checking every 30 minutes. If the roast is getting too dark, place some foil on top.
- Rest roast for 5–10 minutes. Slice 1-inch "steaks". Grill steaks on BBQ at medium/high heat to get deep, dark grill marks. Cook through 4 - 5 minutes per side.
- Pulse gorgonzola and buttermilk together in a blender until smooth and evenly incorporated. Tip: Make ahead up to 3 days.
- Boil Yukon gold's in salted water until slightly undercooked. Cool potatoes, and then smash with your palm to create more surface area. Drizzle with olive oil, pinch of salt and pepper. Grill on high heat to brown potatoes and create a crispy exterior.
- Quarter the Treviso. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill on medium/high heat for 1-2 minutes until just softened and colored slightly.
- Drizzle the buttermilk sauce on a platter. Arrange the potatoes and Treviso. Then, serve steaks either whole or sliced for easy sharing. Enjoy!
PEPPERCORN TURKEY STEAKS
1 Boneless White and Dark Turkey Roast
¼ cup pink peppercorns
¼ cup green peppercorns
¼ cup black peppercorns
1 tablespoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
½ cup olive oil
140g Gorgonzola or cheese of your choice
½ cup buttermilk