PREP: 15 minutes COOK: SERVES: 4 People
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Remove roast from packaging (do not remove the netting) and place it on the roasting pan. LIne the tray with parchment paper for easier cleanup.
- After 60 minutes, brush with basting micture to prevent drying
- Remove when meat thermometer reads 165 F (74C)
- Make chimichurri by finely chopping the parsely and mixing with rest of the ingredients. Taste and adjust.
- PLace chimichurri in the fridge for the duration that the turkey is roasting too further develop the flavours
- To serve, allow turkey to rest for 15 minutes, then slice. Top with chimichurri and serve with your favourite side.
Recipe by Amina-Al-Saigh
1 Saha Halal Turkey white and dark roast
For basting mixture
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 tsps. oregano, dried
For the chimichurri:
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1 garlic clove
1 tsp. chili flakes (or fresh chilis)
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 tsp. salt